CED109 - Chinese I
100 minutes / week
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Identify basic Chinese characters.
• Repeat basic and useful greetings in Mandarin
• Identify Chinese stative verbs and measure words.
• Recognize Taiwan culture.
1. Understanding in Chinese pronunciation and current pronunciation system “Pinyin” and “MPS,” and in traditional Chinese characters and simplified ones.
2. Basic and useful greeting sentences in Mandarin.
3. Chinese stative verbs
4. Talking about time, age, and counting
5. Discussing nationality, family members in Mandarin.
6. Verb-object combinations in Mandarin; eating and drinking
7. Measure words and nouns in Mandarin
8. Sentences with verb yǒu(有), verb xi huan(喜歡)
9. Introduction of activities people like to do in Taiwan.
10. Introduction of two modern Taiwanese movies
1. Practical Audio Visual CHINESE, 2nd ed.book 1, Cheng Chung Book Co., Ltd.
2. Speak Mandarin in Five Hundred Words, Overseas Community Affairs Council Taiwan
3. Movie Cape No. 7 is a 2008 Taiwanese romance comedic music-drama film written and directed by Wei Te-Sheng
4. Other related references