CED163 - Physics Lab
200 minutes / week
TBA in every semester
About the course
CED114 - Physics
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Measure mechanical properties of a solid.
• Measure fluid mechanical properties
• Measure thermochemistry properties of a solid.
2. Friction coefficient
3. Single swing
4. Modulus Young of bar
5. U pipe and Hare pipe
6. Stokes law
7. Density: Picnometer
8. Viscosity: Oswald viscometer
9. Melting heat of ice
10. Specific heat of solid
11. Coefficient of expansion
12. Enthalpy of chemical reaction
1. Bernard, C.H. and Epp, C.D. 1995. “Laboratory Experiments in College Physics”, 7th Edition, New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
2. Preston, D.W. 1985. “Experiments in Physics”, New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
3. Potter, F., Peck, C.W., Barkley, D.S., 1989. “Dynamic Models in Physics”, Vol. I, California: N. Simonson & Company.
4. Christian, W. and Belloni, M., 2004. “Physlet Physics”, New Jersey, Pearson Prentice Hall.