CED216 - Computer Programming
200 minutes / week
About the course
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to:
• Identify computer language programming such as Matlab.
• Apply Matlab in order to compute engineering mathematics problems
1. Matlab technical computing environment
2. Files and file management.
3. Trigonometry and complex numbers
4. Arrays and array operations
5. Mathematical functions and applications
6. Data analysis
7. Selection programming
8. Vectors, matrices and linear algebra
9. Curve fitting and interpolation
10. Integration and diﬀerentiation
11. Strings, time, base conversion and bit operations
12. Symbolic processing
13. Repeated measures and the use of M-scripting
1. Chapman, S. J., 2010. “MATLAB Programming for Engineers”, 2nd Ed., Bookware Companion Series.