CED352 - Environmental Engineering II
150 minutes / week
About the course
CED317 - Environmental Engineering I
Course description and learning objectives
Student completing this course will be able to explain the principles and design practices of air pollution, solid waste management, hazardous waste management, and sustainable and green engineering.
1. Air quality indicators and their impacts
2. Dispersion of air pollutants
3. Air pollution processes and unit operations
4. Solid waste treatment processes and unit operations
5. Hazardous waste treatment processes and unit operations
6. Environmental impact assessment
1. De Nevers, 2000. Air Pollution Control Engineering, 2nd ed., Singapore: McGraw-Hill Book Co.
2. Shah, 2000, Basic of Solid and Hazardous Waste Management Technology, New York: Prentice Hall.
3. Vesilind, P.S., 2010, Introduction to Environmental Engineering, Stamford : Cengage Learning International Editions.
4. Davis M. L. and Cornwell D. A., 2013, ”Introduction to Environmental Engineering”, 5th ed., McGraw-Hill Co.
5. Allen D., Shonnard D., 2002, Green Engineering Environmentally Conscious Design of Chemical Process, Upper Saddle River: Prentice Hall.
6. Bishop P.L., 2000, Pollution Prevention: Fundamental and Practice, Singapore: McGraw Hill